A glasswasher is an essential piece of equipment for clubs, pubs, hotels, and restaurants. Having a dishwasher that consistently guarantees clean and shiny glasses increases productivity and improves your brand image from a customer perspective. A perfect drink can be ruined by its presentation. Customers do not appreciate drinks served in jaded or stained glasses or glasses which have become unsightly from repeated washing.
Do you need help in choosing the perfect glasswasher for your professional foodservice business? This buying guide explains the five factors you need to consider when you look to buy or replace a glasswasher.
Why should you buy a professional glasswasher?
A glasswasher (or a cupwasher) is a must-have machine for all businesses serving drinks: whether a small bar or a large luxury hotel, a retirement home or a hospital. In any establishment that continuously uses large quantities of glasses or cups every day, there is a need to guarantee customers the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness, while maintaining the spotless appearance of each glass.
Professional glasswashers are specially designed for wash operations that require large capacity and high performance. As a leading provider of innovative warewashing solutions worldwide, MEIKO is giving extra attention to this industry segment focusing on technology, design, efficiency and practical operation.
Five tips for choosing the right glasswasher
- Versatility: A good glasswasher must be versatile. It should be able to efficiently wash and disinfect not only normal glasses but also coffee cups, espresso cups, wine glasses, beer glasses and more. The reasons for this are obvious: every bar and food service business serves wide ranges of drinks with distinct qualities and colours. That is why it is important to look at the functionality and performance when choosing the right glasswasher.
- Space requirements: There is obviously a huge difference between the kitchen space available at the little bar on the corner and the one in the large luxury hotel. This means that the little bar needs a compact and easily accessible product with no barriers. Using the equipment should seamlessly integrate with the other activities taking place behind the bar. A large hotel, on the other hand, requires a robust glass dishwashing system that could wash more glasses in less time. Though both definitely need an efficient dishwashing machine.
- Performance: Speed, minimum consumption of energy, water and detergents, quality of the materials, and technology used in the professional washing system are basic criteria for making the right choice of dishwashing machine. You should also consider the sustainability and eco-friendliness of the machine components. All these can contribute to financial savings in the long run.
- Design: Without a doubt, the look of a product is important. It impacts your brand image. Imagine a dishwashing machine which is not only functional and efficient but also visually appealing. Having a glasswasher with an elegant design and user-friendly operation is a bonus for the staff working at the bar and helps provide a clean restaurant ambience.
- Durability: A good quality glasswasher uses materials and technology that require minimal maintenance. Its spare parts should be long lasting. This saves you money overtime because there is little to no downtime. We know that in the food service industry, a problematic dishwasher is not good for business. Cheaper does not always mean better. Investing in a premium quality glasswasher will give you peace of mind knowing that your purchase will go a long way.
MEIKO would love to advise you and point you to the perfect glasswasher to meet all of your establishment’s requirements, regardless of size or capacity. We are certain that we can help you find the ideal machine for your needs from our extensive range of warewashing technology. We guarantee that we have the glasswasher you are looking for: versatile, efficient, economical and able to make all the difference!