Invest in a Combi Oven - Minimum wages just keep rising! The shortage of skilled kitchen staff will not end soon!
Don’t wait for miracles in the kitchen, instead, change the way your kitchen operates. You ask, how can two cooks do the work of three? Here are some suggestions on how you can cut down labor costs
Utilise your combi oven
With different sizes available, combi ovens increase the quality of roasts, function menus and all the food you serve on a busy shift. The combination of heat and moisture cooking reduces waste and provides total control when it comes to time and temperature. Plus, pre-set controls mean almost anyone can use them.
Consider a conveyor oven
It’s hard to go wrong with a conveyor oven and they can be used for a lot more than just pizza. Bear in mind that menu items will need to be designed around the equipment.
Invest in a speed oven
These ovens create hot meals from cold ingredients at the touch of a button — they’re a combination of a microwave and a convection oven. The timer makes ensures nothing gets burnt and most food is ready in 30 seconds.
Cutlery polishers will halve the time it takes to dry and polish knives, forks, and spoons. One staff member can do the work of three, and everyone goes home earlier. The same applies to reverse osmosis or self-polishing glass washers. If you’re doing large numbers, the latest conveyor dishwashers include a pre-rinse setting to help lift stubborn stains.
Control workflow and timing
It’s time to make the POS ordering process visible in the kitchen and say goodbye to paper dockets. Large screens that show orders together let you track the flow and production time — the whole process is available in one view. Individual screens can be made available for different sections. Data shows where managers should make roster changes and identifies bottlenecks.
Separate preparation and service
Do you still expect prep to be done during the morning shift? If you have the volume, work your space 20 hours a day with a special 4am production shift that gets all the slicing, cutting, desserts and baking done before the day shift arrives. The service shift can arrive fresh and ready to serve food without having to worry about prep — different skills for different tasks.
RATIONAL SelfCookingCenter® – 20 x 2/1 GN trays
More than just an ordinary combi oven – the SelfCookingCenter® is a cooking system with real intelligence. You can grill, roast, bake, steam, blanch or poach food, all within a space of less than about 1m². Meat, fish, poultry, vegetable, baked goods, dessert – you can do it all, whether you’re cooking for 30 or for several thousand. Simply specify the results you want and the SelfCookingCenter® combi will automatically set and adjust the temperature, moisture levels, and air circulation speed. What’s more, it comes with standard automatic self-cleaning.
Capacity: 20 x 2/1 GN trays
Number of meals: 300 -500
Dimensions: 1084 w x 996 d x 1782 h
* Available in Electric or Gas
* Technical commissioning by a RATIONAL Service Partner
* Unit is supplied with water filter, high-temperature PVC drainage kit a flexible hose to connect to water
* User manuals
* On-site end-user training
* 2-year warranty
Exclusive and FREE access to RATIONAL ServicePlus
* ChefLine® – Our RATIONAL chefs are available to you 8 am – 8 pm 7 days a week, 365 days a year to answer any of your application or recipe questions
* ConnectedCooking – access to our networked platform which will allow you remote access to your units, automatic software updates and HACCP documentation and access to over 1000 recipes and videos from other users across the world
* Academy RATIONAL – Additional 1-day training seminar for you and your staff
* RATIONAL Service Partners – Our units are reliable and built to last, however, should you encounter technical issues, our service partners can provide fast and efficient assistance.
Contact us today 1300 - 368 911 / speak to Nico