In the market for a new commercial fridge? NSW Government Energy Saver Rebate scheme can save you $$$$'s
Did you know an energy efficient fridge can save you hundreds of dollars on your power bills every year? NSW Government has stepped up by offering rebates to qualifying businesses that purchase a ....
NSW Government Energy Saver Rebate Scheme
NSW Government has stepped up by offering rebates to qualifying businesses that purchase a new energy saver commercial fridge.
How much is my rebate?
Savings vary between models but generally speaking the better the energy savings of the fridge the bigger the rebate. For example, you could get a rebate of $500 on an energy-efficient, two-door vertical display fridge. Compared to a standard fridge, this could also save you over $350 a year off your energy bill.
Program guidelines Commercial refrigerators rebate
The Commercial Refrigerator Rebate Program (the Program) is administered by the Department of Planning, Industry, and Environment (the Department or we/us). The Program offers eligible Small Businesses (you) a partial reimbursement (Rebate) for the purchase or lease of up to 5 Eligible Commercial Refrigerators. The Rebate can help you by subsidizing the cost of energy-efficient refrigerated cabinets. Over their life, these cabinets can use less electricity and therefore save energy and reduce energy bills.
When can I make an application?
You can only make an application for a Rebate for an Eligible Commercial Refrigerator that has been purchased or leased during the Rebate Term, which is the period from 9 September 2019 to 30 September 2021.
How do I apply?
First, you must purchase or lease an Eligible Commercial Refrigerator through a third party, (like Protech Commercial Kitchens?) then submit an application through our website at https://energysaver.nsw.gov.au/commercial-refrigerators
What are the eligibility requirements?
If you make an application for a Rebate for a commercial refrigerator, we will assess your application against the following Eligibility Criteria:
- You must be acting on behalf of a Small Business that:
- is an actively trading business employing 50 or fewer full-time employees (or equivalent) and/or is a business with less than $10 million annual turnover;
- is not an investment trust, managed fund, strata title scheme, holding company or subsidiary of a larger business;
- has an Australian Business Number (ABN) and is registered for GST;
- is not insolvent; and
- produces goods and/or provides services in NSW.
- You must have either purchased outright or leased under an agreement, an Eligible Commercial Refrigerator within the Rebate Term
- You must provide the following evidence in your application:
- a paid invoice for the purchase of an Eligible Commercial Refrigerator, if you have purchased the Eligible Commercial Refrigerator outright;
- a lease agreement and paid invoice for the purchase of an Eligible Commercial Refrigerator, if you have leased an Eligible Commercial Refrigerator;
- a photo of the serial number of the Eligible Commercial Refrigerator you have purchased or leased;
- your NSW business address where the Eligible Commercial Refrigerator will be operated; and
- any other information requested on the Application Form or otherwise requested.
In what circumstances am I not eligible for a Rebate?
You are not eligible for a Rebate in any of the following circumstances:
- your application is for an Eligible Commercial Refrigerator and a Rebate that has already been provided under the Program for that cabinet;
- you have already received 5 Rebates under the Program;
- you are the supplier (including retailer or wholesaler) of any Eligible Commercial Refrigerator that appears on your application;
- you are, or were at the time the Eligible Commercial Refrigerator was purchased or leased by you, employed by the supplier (including retailer or wholesaler) of any Eligible Commercial Refrigerator that appears on your application;
- you have any legal interest in the supplier (including retailer or wholesaler) of any Eligible Commercial Refrigerator that appears on your application. We also reserve the right to discontinue or reject your application at any time including for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- a Small Business related to your Small Business has already received the maximum number of rebates under the Program;
- we consider that the Eligible Commercial Refrigerator you have purchased or leased will be used for domestic or other non-business-related activities
We reserve the right to update or amend the Eligibility Criteria for the Program at any time. If we amend the Eligibility Criteria we may continue to accept applications and consider them against the previous Eligibility Criteria. If you make an application we will consider the information provided in your application against the Eligibility Criteria. We may contact you to ask for additional information or clarification from you as we consider your application.